We hope you had a good week as your children have now entered their new classrooms for this school year.
On Thursday, we had a great attendance for our first PAC (Parent Advisory Council) meeting at the school. Thank you PAC for the presentations as well as introducing our new team including Ms. Chan, our Head Teacher, and Mr. Hunter, our new Vice-Principal. Thank you to Valley Bakery for donating cookies for our meeting.
We have noticed much work around building school community in each classroom at Kitchener. Students have settled nicely into their classrooms and will bring much joy and happiness to their new classmates.
Hawks Week: Many morning messages and student participation was completed daily for these events.
- Monday: We spoke about being helpful.
- Tuesday: We learned about accepting others and accepting situations.
- Wednesday: We welcomed each other as a new day of learning was completed.
- Thursday: Students were encouraged to practice kindness towards each other.
- Friday: Messages of safety were given to ensure student learning would continue.
Upcoming this week:
- Tuesday, September 19 and Thursday, September 21: Families as Partners Conferences. We look forward to seeing all of you then.
- Friday, September 22: We will remember and celebrate the contributions that Terry Fox made throughout his Marathon of Hope run. We will participating in the school run on Friday from 10:45 am until 11:50 am at Willingdon Park. We will be sending a link to all families early next week if they wish to contribute towards the Terry Fox Foundation. The link will be included on our school website.
- Friday, September 22: Early Dismissal at 2:00 pm.
Have a wonderful family weekend.
Mr. D. Klarich