At Kitchener Elementary:
- Each person is expected to learn and respect school regulations.
- Each person should be considerate of the rights of others and act in a way that does not endanger the health and well-being of any other person.
- Each person is expected to act in a respectful and courteous manner.
- Each person must respect the property of others.
- People are responsible to the school – while coming to school, at school, returning home from school and at all school-related functions.
Any conduct which is detrimental to the safe and positive school climate will be considered a breach of the school code of conduct and will bear appropriate consequences.
- Students are not encouraged to bring any expensive items (including cell phones and mp3 players) to school due to risk of theft, loss or damage. The school cannot be responsible for non-school related items that students bring to school.
- If a student does bring a cell phone to school it is their sole responsibility.
- Students may not use cell phones or pagers for any reason during regular school hours – 9:00 am – 2:45 pm (including school field trips).
- If students wish to use cell phones at other times, it is left to the discretion of the supervising teacher (i.e. after-school activities).
- Dress appropriately for the weather;
- Please take hats off inside the building;
- Individuals must avoid wearing articles of clothing which make sexual reference or which represent or promote alcohol, drugs, inappropriate language, racism or violence. Furthermore, clothing and related apparel cannot be intimidating to others; this includes spiked accessories and gang-related paraphernalia.
This is a policy in our school community and as such it will evolve with time. It will allow teachers, parents and students to learn from the experience and make any necessary changes for the school year.